Formed early in the 1990's, the TPC is a coalition
of representatives from the community working together to protect our lands
for future generations through active involvement in public policy issues
affecting our parks, watersheds and open spaces.
- Develop an active constituency interested in preserving the integrity
and serenity of open space
- Represent the interests of trail users before public land agencies
- Work for public land policies on a local, state, and national level that
limit "single track" trails to pedestrian and or equestrian traffic
only, and restrict bicycle use to paved, fire, and other protection roads.
- Support enforcement of regulations regarding trail use on public lands;
encourage new regulations that insure safety, erosion control, scenic beauty,
quality of experience, and protection of vegetation and wildlife.
- Encourage public land officials to support an active program of trail
maintenance, including publication of current, accurate trail maps.
Bay Area Trails Preservation Council
P.O. Box 153
Corte Madera, CA 94976
Phone: 415 457-4700 || Fax: 415 459-7739
Members receive a quarterly newsletter:
The Trail Guardian
- Individual ($10)
- Family ($15)
- Sponsorship ($50)
- Lifetime ($100)